Saturday, September 22, 2012

New poem: "Dedicated"



Focus.

If I want to focus, I either need something loud enough to drown out the din in my mind, or I need something quiet enough that I have to hold still to catch it. This is a tricky thing to find, so sometimes I would rather be consumed by something or someone because it's less mental work for me to do. What I allow to consume me can become just as dangerous as the din. But danger isn't always bad: it can be an excellent place to find closeness that won't happen under other circumstances.


Dedicated

Burn me up
With your laser beam eyes
Gravitas can’t be denied

The way you bare your teeth
And breathe in fire
Light up the night sky

Sometimes you're a canary
Sometimes you're a butterfly
For now you are a blacksmith

Pump the billows hot
Lava-glowing embers dance
Beneath your iron-weakening gaze

Swing your hammer down
Forge a bond
That holds deep truth

No comments:

Post a Comment